Re: ssh to Vmware linux on a MS Window machine

On 3/12/08, Rich Healey <healey.rich@gmail.com> wrote:

>  hce wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > Can my debian box ssh to a Vmware linux on a MS Window machine? Both
>  > debian box and the Window in the same subnet, I can ping the Window IP
>  > address, but I cannot ping the Vmware linux IP address from my debian
>  > box. How can I fix it?
>  >
>  > Thank you.
>  >
>  > Kind Regards,
>  >
>  > Jim
>  >
>  >

> Select both your primary network interface and the virtual interface
>  that the VM is attached to and right click -> select "bridge connections".
>
>  This will set up your windows machine to relay packets to the VM.

I did, but it is now even confusing me. Please see following network IP address:

Local network have an IP address 192.168.1.105
VMnet1 = 192.168.100.1
VMnet8 = 192.168.50.128
 The bridge is connected between local network and the VMnet8, the
bridge IP adderess = 192.168.50.129.

In window console, the ipconfig cannot see the local IP address
192.168.1.105, it can only see the bridge ip address and VMnet1 ip
address.

I tried in my debian box to ping 192.168.1.105, 192.168.50.128 and
192.168.50.129. None of them works.

What I did wrong here?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,