Re: graphical file browser from command line

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:32:49AM -0800, Ken Irving wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:45:11PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > I spend most of my time on the command line and use 'less' when I want
> > to just view a file. However, there are some files that have excessively
> > long lines and I'd like to be able to left/right scroll rather than have
> > the lines wrapped. What program could I call from the command line that
> > would open such a viewer on a given file? (My desktop is gnome but kde
> > is installed.)
>
> Try less -S (which I usually alias to lesss).

That chops off the right portion of the text. That's the part I want to
see. I'm looking for something with a scrollbar.

Since I posted I found gview, which almost does what I want, but I'd
prefer a scrollbar.

--
"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other
 people than you can in two years by trying to get other people