Re: MIDI Score Reader/Editor that WORKS??

On 09/03/2008, Robin <rc.rattusrattus@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 09/03/2008, laura eznarriaga <lauraeznag@yahoo.es> wrote:

Ok, I'm getting really frustrated. I have a midi score I want to read and print, and I CANNOT find a program that just F*cking WORKS. I have tried GNU Denemo, and it crashes when I load a score. Rosegarden is nice, but won't allow me to split out the score into multiple lines, and since it's a piano score, that is a problem. I tried to install Canorus, and it won't work, and neither will mscore. Both gave me some weird errors or just wouldn't work right, and I followed the installation instructions to a T. So what can I do? This all is really frustrating me...not to mention the fact that jackd is not working properly with my Delta 1010 sound card for some reason...and I don't know what in the world is going on there either. Any suggestions? Should I just give up and reinstall Ubuntu?

Enviado desde Correo Yahoo!
Disfruta de una bandeja de entrada más inteligente..

Your best bet, not being funny, is to try either Studio64, a multimedia workstation distribution based on Debian (32bit version also available) or ubuntu studio. Last time I looked Studio64 sets up everything for you (audio, midi, realtime kernel) including, IIRC, the graphics  system.

--
rob

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1