Re: Grub questions

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 15:19:35 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:

> I have a debian system that I need to reconfigure grub for. Some questions:
>
> 1) How can one browse a partition in grub (ls, pwd)?

Not directly browsing, but grub gives you feedback what the partitions
are. See:
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/disk/boot/boot06-Grub/ar01s09.html#Hardcore_GRUB_No_Menu

> 2) How can one mount a partition to read text files from it, from within
> grub?

Same trick, pressing the TAB key all the way from partition to the text
file you want. Just use the command 'cat'.

3) Can I write to menu1st from within grub? How?

AFAIK, no, BTW, It's named menu.lst (as in "el"-s-t, not 'one'-s-t). Ref:
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/disk/boot/boot06-Grub/ar01s09.html#Do_Really_Need_GRUB_Menu_

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/