Re: How to use ``nice'' on a pipe?

On 3/9/08, Wei Chen <wchenhk@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey,
  One way to do this would be to use a named pipe (fifo) and run the two commands separately at your chosen nice level.
$ apropos fifo

fifo (4) - first-in first-out special file, named pipe
fifo (7) - first-in first-out special file, named pipe
mkfifo (1) - make FIFOs (named pipes)
pipe (7) - overview of pipes and FIFOs

cheers,
Owen.