Re: Soundcard Trust SC 5250

On Saturday 08 March 2008 07:53, David wrote:
> How can I under Debian (etch and lenny) use the Soundcard Trust SC 5250 (I
> want to buy one)?
>
> Will it be found when I enter: discover --debug ?
>
> What kernel modules must be installed?
>
> David

Following on from Ron Johnson's reply, the only Trust card listed on Alsa's
soundcard matrix is as per the link below.
http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-cmipci

Whether that is the same card, or the Trust SC-5250 uses the same snd-cmipci
driver as the listed card is anybodies guess.

I'd be a bit wary about buying a soundcard, and just hoping it would work on
Linux. It may be worth asking on the alsa-user list, to get some confirmation
as to if the card is supported or not.