Restore apache help

Continuing to restore my server -

I've installed apache and restored my home dirs and /etc/apache dir.
That's not adequate though, as other configs are needed.  Right now
every browse is directed to the default /var/www dir and my httpd.conf
is being ignored due to various references to other config files.

Rather than trying to figure out exactly what it wants and restoring
that, one thing at a time, is it safe/advisable for me to restore my
entire old /etc dir from my backup?

Googling around I've found some good material about restoring user
accounts.  Any other advice on what's safe/advisable to restore versus
having to individually install and configure?  Can I restore the
entire /usr and /var dirs, or is that not advisable?

Thanks - John