Re: bamboo wacom problem

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 10:26:13 +0100, Micaela Gallerini wrote:
> hi all,
>     I have a graphic tablet in subject, but when I connect at the usb
> port, the system views the tablet but the pen don't work.
> I installed:
>
> wacom-kernel-source 0.7.4.1-5
> wacom tools 0.7.4.1-5
> xserver-xorg-input-wacom 0.7.4.1-5
>
> I try to ask at wacom mailing list, they say me that I must use driver
> 0.7.9.3 because the driver 0.7.4 don't support bamboo tablet, and the
> kernel source xorg-sdk and tcl/tk for dev.
> I install tcl/tk for dev, but in the repository I don't see the kernel
> source and xorg-sdk package, sure I mistake to find the packages.
>
> Any one help me to solved this problem, to know which package are
> necessary or if any one have yet this problem and solves it can
> explain me how use my tablet, please?

(I am assuming that you run Etch, based on your versions of the wacom
 packages.)

I think you can use apt-get and module assistant to make sure you have
all the build dependencies (dev packages) for the wacom packages:

apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-input-wacom wacom-tools
module-assistant prepare

Then you can try to build the newer kernel module, xorg driver and
userspace tools, either from the upstream sources (with checkinstall) or
by backporting [1] the Sid packages yourself. I have no idea how well
that works for the wacom stuff, though.

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-port

          Florian   |