Control-C kills interactive bash

After upgrading from Sarge to Etch, I have this problem, Ctrl-C kills the current interactive Bash shell.

I've been assuming it's a changed default or config file, so I've read man pages and searched list archives to the best of my ability but haven't found the answer. Things I have looked at so far that haven't helped include: stty settings, shell options, bash invocation in /etc/passwd, /etc/bash.bashrc, /etc/profile, ~/.profile.

I feel as though I must be overlooking something completely obvious, can anyone suggest what?

--
Lesley Walker
Linux Systems Administrator