lost x-server after etch to lenny upgrade

Hello,

I have an agp nvidia card, forget mfr, but the number following is
6600.

I am used to losing the x-server on kernel upgrade, but I have a
script that I run which always brings it back.

#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/gdm stop
rmmod nvidia
m-a a-i nvidia
apt-get install nvidia-glx
/etc/init.d/gdm start

However, today when I upgraded to Lenny and the newest amd k7 kernel,
this script no longer works.

I see a message that says something like "module already built in
failed to load module "nvidia" module does not exist

fatal server error

no screens found.

Any help much appreciated. I'll go to the wiki where I got my first
script.

Thank you

RD