Re: Idea of a Debian Mascot [Was: FW: Bits from the DPL: FTP assistants, marketing team, init scripts, elections]

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 05:12:24AM +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> >  On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 07:12:48PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > >
> > > I ARE STABLE CAT... THIS IS STABLE DISTRIBUSHON.
> > >
> > > I'M ON UR SERVER, RUNNING UR DEBIAN
> >
> >  we could change the default scripting language for system scripts to
> >  LOLcode:
> >
> >  HAI
> >  CAN HAS STDIO?
> >  PLZ OPEN FILE "/etc/network/interfaces"?
> >      AWSUM THX
> >      O NOES
> >  	  INVISIBLE "TEH NET SUX0RZ!!1!"
> >  KTHXBYE
>
> We need a new perl lib.  aptitude search lol is null.  Waaaah.  :-(

I can't find a "system" equivalent so maybe it's something like

HAI

CAN HAZ DOODZ?

I HAZ A VAR

TELLAT DOODZ "aptitude search lol"
GIMME DOODZ IN TEH VAR

IZ VAR MT?
   NOWAI
	VISIBLE "ROXORZ!!!1!"
   YARLY
	VISIBLE "TEH D3BI4N SUXORZ!!1!"
   KTHX

KTHXBYE

I made up the DOODZ part, but I like it. I suppose you could use
CEILINGCAT, but that's == God in the lolcat bible.

lolcode.com

enjoy.