Re: Basic bash question.

Any method to redirect any fd to the pipe?
Not only stdout,stderr.

Chris Henry wrote:
Hi,
You can use tee. e.g. ./configure | tee filename

Chris

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Luis Maceira <luis_a_maceira@yahoo.com> wrote:
How can I see all the messages generated by
 a bash command (configure make make install,
 for example) to standard output(computer screen),
 and at the same time make sure that all is
 written to a text file for later analysis.
 It is a redirection but I don´t know how to make
 both things happen at the same time.
 Is that possible?With all the bash commands?

 Without GUI(X),all command line environment.

              Thank you,in advance.