Re: mounting error USB stick

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:28:16 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Florian Kulzer on 29/02/08 19:38, wrote:

[...]

>> To get you started, here is an example of a HAL device information file
>> that requests the mount options "noatime" and "sync" for all partitions
>> on removable media (change this to reflect your own preferences).
>> Furthermore, the desired mount point is set to the volume label if the
>> label exists and if it contains only ASCII characters:
>
> [snip]
>
> That sorted it out! Grand. Thanks alot for the info.

No problem, I am glad to hear that it works now.

> Just FTR, hal
> doesn't have an /etc/init.d start-up script. How it starts at boot is a
> mystery, so I just killed it off and restarted it with hal --daemon=yes

Ah yes, I forgot that this is different on Etch (I use Sid). If I
remember correctly, HAL on Etch is started by the /etc/init.d/dbus (or
maybe dbus-1) script. So if you make changes to HAL's configuration, you
can run

invoke-rc.d dbus restart

to make HAL reread its configuration files. (It might be "dbus-1"
instead of "dbus". You should get a message about HAL being restarted.)

          Florian   |