Re: Burn DVD - RW

hce wrote:
On 3/3/08, steef <steefvanduin@zonnet.nl> wrote:
hce wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > What is the command of growisofs to burn MPEG video to a DVD+R RW
 > disk? I can burn data ISO file to the DVD+R, not sure what is the
 > difference to burn a MPEG video file.
 >
 > Thank you.
 >
 > Kind Regards,
 >
 > Jim

guess you have growisofs installed.

 in that case: do < $man growisofs > and you will find where you are
 looking for

Yes, I installed gowisofs, but never use it to burn MPEG video. Is
following command correct to burn MPEG video files to a DVD RW disk?

growisofs -M /dev/dvd -R -J ~/MPEG/video.mpg

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim

I  use:

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /some/files

The < growisofs -M etc. > command is used to merge a file into an existing file on a dvd

steef

--
steef van duin

publicist, research-journalist