Re: unix and email viruses

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

>  I debian or other 'nix suceptible in any way to anything anybody can put
>  in an email?  I'm guessing that if someone comes up with something that
>  can break e.g. mutt that mutt will be fixed around the same time as a
>  virus scanner would be updated.

It can vary from client to client, but AFAIK, none of the open source
mail user agents suffer from the vulnerabilities of the popular
Windows MUAs by default, and most viruses you would need to manage to
execute in Wine to have any hope of having it actually be a problem,
if at all.

Due diligence is generally all you need outside the Wintendo world.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca