Re: [SOLVED]Re: Programs for bluetooth

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:49:10 +0000
Andrius <pantor@painter-decorator.eu> wrote:

> Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:34:50 +0000
> > Andrius <pantor@painter-decorator.eu> wrote:

> >> Find myself.
> >>
> >> Andrius
> >

> > Can you list them here for us? It means that future google searches may
> > flag up this thread form the archives.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > M.
>
> Here we go - kbtobexclient - Bluetooth OBEX client.
> Version for KDE. For Gnome name of file is a little bit different.
> It is a push client. How to receive files from mobile still do not know.

for files this is the obex protocol. Relevant packages are:

# aptitude search obex
i   cobex                                                                                           - Connector for mobile devices
i A gnome-vfs-obexftp                                                                               - GNOME VFS module for OBEX FTP
p   libobexftp-dev                                                                                  - object exchange file transfer library
v   libopenobex-dev                                                                                 -
i A libopenobex1                                                                                    - OBEX protocol library
p   libopenobex1-dev                                                                                - OBEX protocol library - development files
i   obexfs                                                                                          - mount filesystem of ObexFTP capable devices
i   obexftp                                                                                         - file transfer utility for devices that use the OBEX protocol
p   obexpushd                                                                                       - program for receiving files via Bluetooth or IRDA
i   openobex-apps

To recieve files you want obexpushd to listen as a daemon or obexfs or obexftp
to connect to the phone and pull the files.

for synchronization there is opensync. version 0.35 or 0.36 is in experimental,
but hasn't reached 64bits yet. Not sure what is good, tried google calendar at
the time and it seemed ok but not for me. there is a sunbird driver which I
haven't tried. Looking for opensync-format-vformat to be installable and then
it's possible to subscribe to a remote calendar using iceowl and still keep the
file in vcalendar format. Waiting to test that out.

Haven't found anything good for contacts yet, hoping to find something similar
or just write one when i get the time, should be too difficult.