Re: No more AMD-K7 kernels?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/28/08 14:47, Alan Ianson wrote:
On Thu February 28 2008 10:29:54 am Curt Howland wrote:
I've looked through the debian-kernel and debian-user archives, and I
don't find a discussion of this.

Does anyone know why the -k7 precompiled kernel was dropped? Two of my
machines are Athalons.
I've been wondering about this to. The 2.6.24 kernels in unstable have the 2.6-k7 meta package but no kernel to go along with them. I'll be watching this thread to see if someone can tell us why. I also have two Athlons.

Your machine won't die just because there's no -k7 kernel.  Just use
the -686.

I recompile the Debian kernel source, apply the -ck patch and enable the K7 option.

Hugo