Re: No more AMD-K7 kernels?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Freddy Freeloader
<fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:

>  I can't tell you why the move away from K7 and K8 kernels was made, only
>  that the amd64 kernel in the i386 release replaces both of them.

I'm almost certain there's a bug in the Debian BTS about this, the
kernel DD closing it mentioning something to the effect that the -k7
kernels did not offer any significant advantage over the i686 kernel.
BTW, you can try running 64-bit stuff on a 32-bit system, but I would
expect you to get about as far as a carbureted van missing half it's
distributor cables....

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca