Re: Debian nice looking desktop (XGL, KDE or ??)

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 01:19:52PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 02/27/08 12:54, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/27/08 06:28, Frenchguy wrote:
Hello,

I"m really new on Debian and I'm looking for a nice Desktop GUI, sort
of XGL or anything looking good. I've seen people imitating Vista
look, these are nice as well...

But for Debian running on Sparc (Sun Ultra T1120, 72 Gig HD, 1Gig RAM)
no video card in, I'm doing ssh to it then startkde... I would like to
have something nicer... It's already a nice looking screen, but if I
could get something nicer...it would be better.....

Any Suggestion ?
By "nice", you mean "lots of resource-using, functionally-useless
eye candy"?

Or do you mean "fully configurable, lean, very functional" like fvwm?
Nah.  Since he mentions XGL, he's looking for eye candy.

Have both?

http://insitu.lri.fr/metisse/

I don't think it's in Debian, though.

Interesting. Thanks.