(OT) Flashplayer observations w/Opera etc.

This are just my observations and experiences with
Flash-player and Linux of late.
I use my browsers to view a lot of Flash vids, and the
fact that many websites are using (over-using?) Flash
animations, etc. makes it quite important, at least to
me, that my browser be Flash-friendly.
Adobe, in their wisdom, decided to only support gtk
browsers in their latest release, so that has left
Opera (my browser of choice), pretty much out in the
cold, at least for Opera 9.2x versions and earlier.
Opera is trying to work around this in their 9.50Beta,
soon to be released.
However, I have noted, the latest version of
Flash-player does not seem to be playing well with
Iceweasel either.
It consistently causes Iceweasel to consume 80%+ cpu
cycles when viewing Flash vids...sometimes upwards of
100%!
To me this is unacceptable. I have downgraded to an
earlier version of the plugin (9.0 r48), and things
are a bit better in terms of cpu usage and
view-ability of videos.

Anyone else noting this may want to consider
downgrading Flash-player as well.
I have tried various installations of the plugin using
Adobe's tar.gz, and binary .deb installs, without any
improvement.

Best regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931############

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs