PPPOE Connection

Hello!

I have Debian Sarge R3.1 installed. I ran pppoeconf to configure my
adsl connection. All steps went well. After typing "pon dsl-provider"
it says it was loaded but when I try to open some page in firefox it
says it was not possible to open the page. After typing plog I get an
error of Timeout and Connection Terminated. What could be the problem?

My /etc/network/interfaces has a line like "iface dsl-provider inet
ppp" and another one calling pre-up. Is there another information I
should pass to know better about the problem?

Thanks!

--
Henrique