Re: etch to lenny upgrade incomplete

Interesting.

I'm trying to install Lenny from scratch and the install hangs at "setting up ssl-cert".

I'm doing this on a PowerMac G4.  Is yours also on a Mac?

Rick

On Feb 21, 2008, at 6:05 PM, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:

BartlebyScrivener wrote:

I can boot into the other, older kernel but many things are broken. If
I try to go into Synaptic, it says I need to dpkg --configure -a.
When I do that, it says:

Setting up ssl-cert (1.0.15)

and just hangs there.

What next? Can I simply do dist-upgrade again and see if it sticks the
second time?

I would just play with it by removing the ssl-cert first and then doing
dist-upgrade.

BTW, being unable to upgrade from etch to Lenny is a bug. If you are
interested, you can narrow down the problem and report it to the BTS.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/