Re: GRUB 2 error

Huub wrote:
Hi,

My AthlonXP running Debian Etch, had a spontaneous reboot and now shows Grub error 2. I can't edit menu.lst because all I get is:

GRUB Loading stage1.5

GRUB loading....
Error 2.

I can't even press Esc to edit the boot menu.

I booted into rescue mode, but now grub is only on dvd. Unless I know how to mount /, and find the place where the menu.lst is, I can't do much. I tried mounting it on /mnt/root which I created, but:

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/root
mount: Mounting /dev/sda1 on /mnt/root failed: Invalid argument

Using ext2 gives the same result, as does this with "modprobe ext3" before.

Any suggestions?

You did not make a rescue CD or Floppy?