Re: unable to login on the console with xwindows

Hi Raj -

This issue seems to be affecting a couple of other things on the server.
For instance, on the xconsole screen..it lets me login and then bounces me back out.
I uninstalled gdm package, i am left with kde ---when i login in with that...i get an xterm window pop up and it states the same thing  : Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied

I did create a new user...but nothing helps.  I got the same issue.

it is driving me up a wall.

thanks..for any help...
mjh

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com> wrote:
Michael Habashy wrote:
> I get the following error:
>
> Cannot start session due to some internal error.
>
> then i click on ok, i get the following error:
>
> your session lasted less then 10 seconds, this could be due to not enough
> diskspace or some other problems look to .xsession-errors file.. ..but i do
> not htink that sounds right.

[snip errors]

Add a new user and try logging in as that user from gdm. If it works,
then there is something wrong with your configuration files and you can
try moving them out of the way before logging in again.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi