Re: firewall or securety software

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 06:11:17PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Do I need any securety or firewalls on my debian box?
> I am going through a router.
>
> If I do what command line firewall or securety software can I use?

It depends.  Do you have anything set to listen on outside interfaces?
Watch that one; some daemons come set up by default to listen on all
interfaces.

For infomation only (don't just blindly follow the instructions) read
the harden-doc document.

Then install shorewall-doc and read that.  Then setup your firewall with
shorewall.

Its not a simple drop in security.  Its more a global issue.

Doug.