Re: USB pendrive mobility (fat32)?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:51:00PM -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:

The difference is that, for Linux at least, it will also work with multiple primary partitions on a disk.

I don't recall ever having problems with Windows and multiple primary partitions (and that was my prefered way of partitioning).

Regards,
Andrei

Me neither, and a little googling on the subject seems to suggest this problem is limited to the driver windows uses for USB sticks. Apparently, there is a work around (not tested by me) by forcing windows to see your stick as a USB disk (1). This will only work on PC's that have been modified for your particular stick though. Suppose its an extra level of security and you could always carry the modified driver on the first partition of the stick for portability.

HTH

Wackojacko

(1) http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t69211.html