krdc remote desktop and keyboard input problems

I've used krdc through ssh tunnel on Debian etch hosts a few times, at
moment for viewing kino video exports at home, but the keyboard input is
messed up every once in a while.

For example I can't type a capitalized letters u, r, w, q, f, g, h, j, v
or c to a remote xterm with shift or caps lock. Odd, since nordic ÖÄÅ
work.

Also, when switching windows on the viewer side, the keyboard sometimes
locks up into some strange mode, but I seem to get out of it by using
the 'Special Keys' dialog for some input or by restarting the whole
krdc session.

Mouse input works always without problems but keyboard has these very
strange issues.

I've seen these on all of my ~10 Debian installations. Is anyone else seeing
these and perhaps found workarounds?

-Mikko