Re: nvidia driver still having problems in Testing?

On 2/21/08, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently running 2.6.22 and would like to install nvidia module.
> IIRC, nvidia driver had some problems in Debian Testing since quite a
> few months back. It has been quite a while since I have last installed

I was able to get around that hurdle by adding a source to sid and
grabbing the relevant packages from sid (nvidia-glx,
nvidia-kernel-source, nvidia-kernel-source, probably X.org as well)
and then installing the nvidia-source with module-assistant
auto-install (m-a a-i). This is back on 2.6.22.

Lately I've been getting issues when I do a dist-upgrade, relating to
the nvidia package. Since the nvidia stuff works fine here (fx 5200
card) I haven't bothered to try and do any additional upgrades for
those specific packages.

Here's what I have installed: It seems nvidia-kernel-source has no
candidate in Testing.

dfox@m206-157:~$ apt-cache policy nvidia-glx
nvidia-glx:
  Installed: 100.14.19-1