Re: Why can't I scp inside my own router??

Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
I have a new install of 4.0 on my laptop and want to scp the configuration for Alpine from my main machine to it.

I tried an scp -r from the laptop; failed on a refusal by the laptop. Tried it from the main machine. Same result. Finally tried going into the laptop with ssh from the main (which succeeded), and doing scp back. Even that failed, for the same reason.

Here's the latest error message, using a gnome terminal on the main pc, after doing ssh into the laptop :

btth@BtthDebThP:~$ scp -r 192.168.x.y:home/btth/.pinerc 192.168.x.z:/
home/btth
btth@192.168.x.y's password: Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,password).
lost connection
btth@BtthDebThP:~$ The prompt is that of the laptop, whose name reflects the fact I am just starting with Debian. As you see, the ssh session is still intact.

from your laptop:
scp 192.168.x.y:/home/btth/.pinrc ~/

you dont need to put both IP addresses in there, just the remote one.

--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.