To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:27 AM
Subject: Re: typewriter function for an impact printer?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 01:29:29PM +0000, Ramsay D. Seielstad wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
>I often have forms to fill out and some would be better not
>hand-written.  However, they all differ so I can't just set-up a
>template.
>
>Does anyone know of an app that will give me an interactive session with
>my Epson dot-matrix printer?  I could feed that in (its an LQ-2080 and
>will do plain paper), use the enter key in the traditional typewriter
>way, etc.

  While not exactly a "typewriter", I scan an image of the form, save
it as an image file and then load the image into The GIMP.  Before I
continue I save the file with a slightly different filename to protect
the original in case I need to start over.

The problems are two:

1. I don't have a scanner

2. The forms are sometimes multipart or have to be their origional
form, not a copy.

Thanks anyway.

Doug.