Re: php and apache?

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 00:33 -0500, Zach wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> >
> >What does 'apache2ctl -M' tell you? That should tell you what modules
> apache is loading. Have you restarted apache?
>
> I see the php module in there:
>
> netrek:~# apache2ctl -M
> Loaded Modules:
>  core_module (static)
>  log_config_module (static)
>  logio_module (static)
>  mpm_prefork_module (static)
>  http_module (static)
>  so_module (static)
>  alias_module (shared)
>  auth_basic_module (shared)
>  authn_file_module (shared)
>  authz_default_module (shared)
>  authz_groupfile_module (shared)
>  authz_host_module (shared)
>  authz_user_module (shared)
>  autoindex_module (shared)
>  cgi_module (shared)
>  dir_module (shared)
>  env_module (shared)
>  geoip_module (shared)
>  mime_module (shared)
>  negotiation_module (shared)
>  perl_module (shared)
>  php5_module (shared)
>  setenvif_module (shared)
>  status_module (shared)
> Syntax OK
>
> Yes I've done a "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart"
>
> Zach

Well lets see if php & apache are aware of each other.
Try creating a file labled test.php. put this command into it
 <?php phpinfo(); ?>
and placing it into your doc root directory of your web
site:example  /var/www/yourwebsite/test.php
Ignore that there is still an index.htm  file, then open your website in
a browser thus  http://www.yourwebsite.com/test.php

If the system is working at all it should give you the status of how php
is configured. If it does not, then php is not aware of apache, or is
not working even though the apache server may well be set up correctly.
Frosty