Re: Floatin Point Exception when trying to install Debian Etch (r2)

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 08:58:10PM +0100, Ronald wrote:
> I'm trying to install Debian Etch to get rid of Fedora. However, the
> installation fails and I failed to find a workaround myself. The problem
> is that the installation starts, but after I choose my language and
> keyboard it starts to scan my computer. The progress bar keeps going
> from 0 to 93% and then goes away and then again and again (infinite).
> However, I see a line appear in between that says: Floating Point
> Exception (sounds serious if you ask me). I'm trying to read the .iso
> from my disk. Information about the setup:

> Could anyone please help me? I don't want to stay with Fedora forever......
>
> P.S. I cannot insert a real bugreport since I need to use a program from
> debian ;)
>
> P.S.S. Please add me to the CC-list since I'm not subscribed to this list.

Have you read the installation manual?

The best people who know the internals of the debian installer lurk on
debian-boot.  You'll see in the installation manual how to submit an
installation report via email.  My advice would be to subscribe to
debian-boot and submit a completed (but failed) installation report.

They know what tricks to try to get better diagnostics info.

Doug.