D-Link DUB-E100

Hi to all

I have a question, I have installed on an old Laptop, which have no Ethernet card, Debian 4.0. The Internet connection with USB directly connected to the ADSL functions with no problems. So in the next step I have wanted with a USB to Ethernet Adapter connect this Laptop in the existing network. I bought me a D-Link DUB-E100 and after reading of different sites, where they discribe to compile a new kernel with a new patch or to install a driver, which I cannot find any more on the link which they suggest there. After compiling the new patched kernel, so the system had problems of finding root - system.

So I ask you, if you can give me a method with which I can install these adapter under Debian 4.0, please.

Best regards