Re: scoll mouse problems

On 2/16/08, Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:

>   Forget it. I went back to a regular keyboard and regular mouse. I
> guess Debian and Microsoft don't get along.

Maybe that's the right thing to do - while on the subject of mice,
strictly from a usability issue, I didn't find that the wireless mice
work well even *with* Microsoft's OS, much less with Linux running. My
brother, for instance has a reasonably recent XP and uses a wireless
mouse and keyboard, but I simply have way too much trouble using that
mouse of his; it's just horrible to get to move around, have to shake
it a lot just to "wake" it up it seems.

Ball mice for me have been a nightmare to use, and more often than
not, mouse pads are not helpful. I've had much better success with at
first Logitech marble mice - with the ball on the left hand side, but
even that gets dirty after a time and causes problems.

Believe it or not, the best mouse - strictly from a usability
standpoint for me - is a $14 cheapie optical mouse with two buttons
and a scroll wheel in the middle. It's extremely responsive, and I
don't use a mousepad. In fact, it seems to track better on a desk
surface that's not the cleanest ;).