Re: Password problems

Frank McCormick wrote:

  There is no root account on this box. It has always asked me for my
password as I am the first user. As I said this business didn't start
until a changed my password.

I am yet to come across a linux system without a root account.

Neither did I see an app cache the user's password.

Does the command 'id root' give you an error? If yes, then there are probably some issues far more serious than a misbehaving app!

Check your passwd and shadow files and make sure they are in order.

Check your sudoers file for anything weird.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi

--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.