Re: lm_sensors does not support my board with w83627ehf

Problem SOLVED!
So for anyone using a new motherboard with Etch facing the same error many people were:
FATAL: Error inserting w83627ehf (/lib/modules/2.6.18-6-686/kernel/drivers/hwmon/w83627ehf.ko): No such device
The steps i took to successfully get it to work:
  1. Upgrade to kernel 2.6.22 from etch-backports (http://www.backports.org)
  2. Download lm-sensors source code version 2.10.5 (http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Download)
  3. apt-get install libsysfs-dev bison flex
  4. untar lm-sensors tar.bz2
  5. make user && make user_install
  6. I did not apt-get remove lm-sensors, i installed over it. You choose.
  7. sensors-detect
  8. modprobe those ones
  9. run sensors
Hope i could help somebody!

On Feb 12, 2008 10:59 PM, Amit Uttamchandani <atu13439@csun.edu> wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:00:24 -0500
"Patrick Zaloum" <pzaloum@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually that's precicely what I just did, i'm running 2.6.22-3 from
> backports now, but so far i'm not any better for trying. Now when i run
> sensors i get the following error:
>

> w83627dhg-i2c-9191-290
>  ERROR: Can't get adapter or algorithm?!?
>

> So new question: What do i do now? :/

I guess you could try a newer kernel. Check the changesets between kernel versions and you will see more details on what has changed in that specific driver. Could be that you need a newer driver.

Good luck,
Amit