Re: How to work with portable mail server?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 01:26:53AM +0200, Jabka Atu wrote:
> I'm using exim as my local mail delivary system and i started to wonder :
> is there a way to use exim to get mails also from the net ?

> Althow i know that it can be done using 24 working server that uses
> dyndns / no-ip etc.
>
> but what about when my mail server is on a laptop that can be offline
> for 10-12 hours or even days.
>
> is there any way to halt the messages any where ?

The big question: Why?

What's wrong with exim for local deliver and then delivery to your ISP's
smarthost?  Fetch your mail with POP + fetchmail (or POP + mutt).

Your incoming email will sit on the ISP's server untill you POP it.

If you use gmail or something, there's probably a package to download
it.

Doug.