Re: Opening binary data from MSVS under linux

On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 06:59:44PM +0200, Micha wrote:

> Tried that at the time but it turns out that I'm just too used for linux (over
> ten years windows free except for the last job :-(, anyway, turns out that I'm
> just stupid or dumb, the file was written in text mode, where windows makes the
> distinction but linux doesn't.
>
> Now I just need to find a way to convert the files under linux since there are
> quite a few of them and without find and some bash script a 10 second job will
> take a couple of hours.
>
> Will dos2unix work on a binary file written in text mode?

For those of us who haven't run windows since 3.1, what is the windows
definition of a binary file written in text mode?  Is it some kind of
uuencode where every 7 bits is sent in 8bits so that they can be
represented as normal text (7-bit ASCII)?

AFAIK, dos2unix only deals with CR-LF issues.

Doug.