Re: ipchains -> iptables?

On 13/02/2008, Zach <netrek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone know a way (or even better have a script) to convert a file of
> ipchains rules into iptables rules?

The topology of chains to tables is fundamentally different, In chains
a packet that is to be forwarded must also go though the input and
output chains. Under tables this packet only has to traverse the
forward table, input and output tables only refer to packets destined
for and from the firewall machine.

I couldn't think of an easy way to differentiate between the two.

I am happy to post my tables script and you can use that as the basis
of yours if you like.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.