Re: command to obtain current display resolution

Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

> Rick Dooling wrote:
>> Hello, all,
>>
>> I'm running Etch and an nvidia card. I get some info about my display
>> settings by running nvidia-settings.
>>
>> Is there a simple command from a bash prompt that will tell me what
>> resolution my display is currently running at?
>
> xwininfo -root

Till now I have been doing

$import -window root tempfile.png
$file tempfile.png
tempfile.png: PNG image data, 1440 x 900, 16-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

which shows that this computer is configured at 1440 x 900. 1440 is the
pixel number in the horizontal direction, 900 is the pixel number in the
vertical direction.

But Raj Kiran's solution is much more succinct.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi