Re: xserver crashing

Quoting Telaman Consultancies <davidpalmer@westnet.com.au>:

---- Original Message ----
From: klaus@jactex.biz
To: louis.opter@free.fr
Subject: Re: xserver crashing
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 07:56:44 -0200

The nv driver should work no matter what anyway.

I haven't found that it does.

I couldn't even obtain X with the nv driver, using a Leadtek NVidia
Quadro FX540, so I had to revert to the vesa driver, intending to
install the drivers from the NVidia site but I never got the chance.

This might be an interesting experiment for you?

David Palmer.

Well - after trying different drivers with different kernels and 2 versions of xorg to no avail I reinstalled and the box is up for three days now with no glitches. Can't say if it was something I did wrong (likely) or not since I installed amd64 and the other install was 32 bit.