need info on audio recording performance testing

I have a TV card. I use a audio cable from TV audio out to sound card
line-in.
I often recording TV, so I want to find out sound card performance
during TV recording. Which program can test it?

I have 2 sound cards: one is ISA SB16 (which use sb module), the other
is PCI Cirrus Logic Crystal CS4281 (which use cs4281 module). Which one
is better for audio recording?

I use producer from real.com which use real media format. Sometimes
producer warns :"Channel 0 clips moderately". What does that mean?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs