Re: [Debian-User] Something wrong with udev / usb?

On Feb 9, 2008 9:30 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> On 02/09/08 20:12, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using kernels 2.6.23 and 2.6.24 (debian stock), and on them I
> > can't get my usb external disk to work.  There's no /dev/sd* device
> > showing up, although I have ehci-hcd and uhci-hcd modules up, I also
> > installed usb_storage and usbatm modules just  in case, but nothing...
> >
> > This used to work automatically with udev before (as soon as I
> > connected the usb device, I got /dev/sda or /dev/sa1, not sure which).
> >  I'm not sure with which kernel this stopped working.  The ones I have
> > available are just these 2 I mentioned...
> >
> > Can anyone enlighten me please?
>
> What DE are you running?  What does "#tail -f /var/log/syslog" look
> like when you insert the USB cable (and, obviously, the external
> drive is powered up).
>
> - --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA

Did it twice, and I got:

Feb  9 21:43:14 jevv kernel: usb 4-1: new high speed USB device using
ehci_hcd and address 8
Feb  9 21:44:23 jevv kernel: usb 4-1: new high speed USB device using
ehci_hcd and address 10

Sorry I didn't get what DE means, :(...  I mentioned in another e-mail
I'm running under unstable, is that what you asked?

Thanks,

--
Javier