Re: Aptitude stuck on sun-java5-bin

"Adrian Levi" <adrian.levi@gmail.com> writes:

> you could try running,
>
> #dpkg --configure -a
>
> But likely I suspect it will fail.

Yes, it appears to have changed little.  Still failing.

> Another option is possibly to pre-empt it and go ahead and delete:
> /usr/share/icons/sun-java5.png

Actually, there is no such file.  I assume it is trying to install one,
but I can't be sure.

At some point during this process things changed, and now I am not
getting the same complaint as before.  Rather, all it says now is:

dpkg: error processing sun-java5-bin (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 sun-java5-bin

I think my machine is becoming condescending about this. :-) All I can
think is Duh, it is in a "very bad inconsistent state."  But, I cannot
reinstall as the same thing pops up then.  Right now all that I get is
the above complaint, regardless of what I do with apt.  Very confusing I
must say.

Patrick