Re: Icewm lost! Can't reinstall

On 08 Feb 2008, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-02-08 10:43 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > Icewm has been deleted automatically in an upgrade of Sid yesterday.
> > I tried to reinstall but got:
> >
> > =========================
> > The following packages have unmet dependencies.
> >   icewm: Depends: libungif4g (>= 4.1.4)
> > E: Broken packages
> > ===========================
> >
> > I've put in a bug report but meanwhile it's a major disaster, though
> > fortunately only on one computer so I'm holding back on the others.
> >
> > Anyone else met this one?
>
> There are now updated packages of libgif4 available which include
> a transitional package for libungif4g, see
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/giflib/news/20080207T090208Z.html.
>
> Sven

I think that's the one that caused the problem in the first place. If I
installed it I would get this:

  gdk-imlib11 imlib11 libgif-dev libungif4-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED
  feh giblib1 habak icewm icewm-experimental idesk libimlib2 libungif4g mplayer
The following NEW packages will be installed
  libgif-dev libgif4
  gdk-imlib11 imlib11 libungif4-dev
3 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 9 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian