Re: Sata controller order

In article <9R3QW-3ap-69@gated-at.bofh.it>,

> On 01/29/08 12:09, Stuart Gall wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have a problem with 4.0r2 (although it is probably not exclusive to
> > that release)
> >
> > On a number of systems with multiple sata controllers the controllers
> > come up in different orders (randomly on boot) the order is always the
> > same in lilo but gets changed sometimes by the time the kernel loads.
> > This has the effect of juggling the drives so mount does not work.
> >
> > I have seen this problem in a number of places on the net, the usual
> > solution posted is to mount by label rather than by drive.
> >
> > This is possible for EXT2/EXT3 but it is not possile AFAIKS for swap.
>
> Swap partitions *can* have labels.  You can also mount by UUID.

Yes swap partitions can have labels, yes you can mount ext2/ext3
filesystems bu UUID. But it does not work for swap.

At least that is my interpretation of man fstab. And no matter what I
try in fstab I cant mount swap by label or UUID.

Can you give me an example of what my fstab entry should look like

LABEL=swap  swap swap defaults 0 0
Does not work.