Re: List of packages in a stable i386 base install?

Thank you again Douglas!

I'll look at all the packages you find objectionable. Some are rarely
used, of course, but my goal is to put together a rather complete but
fully standard Debian stable CLI-only rescue install, mostly because I
didn't find one, and I generally find such a separate on-spindle
install to be convenient, and I put it into all my boxes.

Now I have a fresh base install ready in a 1-GB "rescue" partition.
Once the list is ready I'll make sure all the packages are indeed
installable, then I'll try to make a metapackage pulling them all in.

Stay tuned...