Re: Xorg problems dpkg-reconfigure

On Feb 2, 2008 9:06 AM, Der Engel <engelster@gmail.com> wrote:
> startx enters me fine into fluxbox but mouse doesn't work, looks like
> X detects automatically resolution and driver card cause startx enters
> me into fluxbox even if i don't have an xorg.conf but still mouse
> doesn't work as it should be.

<snip>

> xorg.conf is:
>

> # xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
> #
> # This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
> # values from the debconf database.
> #
> # Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
> # (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
> #
> # This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
> # if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
> # package.
> #
> # If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
> # again, run the following command:
> #   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "kbd"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection

Try adding a "device" option to the mouse section:

 Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier     "Configured Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option         "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
 EndSection

And possibly a protocol option, such as:

Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"

You may not need this or the protocol "auto" may work.
See "man mouse" for more protocols.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers