problem with wireless encryption

Dear debianners,

I have a 3com OfficeConnect wireless router, which is running in 802.11g
mode. I have a Sony Vaio notebook, with a Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG
network controller, which appears in the system as "eth2". I have
configured everything, with the help of this list, in order to have the
wireless network running without encryption. Without encryption, the
wireless network is running fine.

My problem is with encryption. In the router side, I have configured
things to use WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption.

In the notebook side, I have installed wpa_supplicant and created the
corresponding /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file, which reads as follows:

#
# File: wpa_supplicant.conf
#
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=root
network={
	ssid="myhomenet"
	scan_ssid=1
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	psk="secretphrase"
}

the ssid and psk are the same defined in the router.

Now, when a try to access the encrypted network with wpa_supplicant, I
have the following error:

marcelo@tango:~$ sudo wpa_supplicant -ieth2 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
-d -B
Initializing interface 'eth2' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver
'default' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf' ->
'/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/run/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group='root' (DEPRECATED)
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid='myhomenet'
Initializing interface (2) 'eth2'
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
SIOCGIWRANGE: WE(compiled)=22 WE(source)=18 enc_capa=0xf
  capabilities: key_mgmt 0xf enc 0xf
WEXT: Operstate: linkmode=1, operstate=5
Own MAC address: 00:0e:35:01:a8:73
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=1
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=0 set_tx=0 seq_len=0
key_len=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
Failed to set encryption.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=1 set_tx=0 seq_len=0
key_len=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
Failed to set encryption.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=2 set_tx=0 seq_len=0
key_len=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
Failed to set encryption.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_key: alg=none key_idx=3 set_tx=0 seq_len=0
key_len=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
Failed to set encryption.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_countermeasures: enabled=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=1
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec
ctrl_interface_group=0 (from group name 'root')
Added interface eth2
Daemonize..

and I am unable to reach the wireless router. I have search the archives
and googled the web, but the information doesn't help. I would
appreciate very much any hint regarding this problem.

Thanks in advance,

regards

Marcelo

--