Re: sid/xinerama: how to start app on specific screen

Quoth Bruno Voigt:
> Hi all,
> I'm running sid with a nvidia xinerama configuration with 2 displays.
>
> Is it possible to modify the start icon for eg. icedove
> so that this
> apps starts maximized on the right display only
> and with the "show on every desktop" feature enabled ?

This is the business of your window manager. If you're running metacity... well,
you're probably out of luck (but that may have changed, I haven't used it in a
while).

I'm running XMonad and that's all this is pretty easy, just one line in the
config. But as this is really very specific to your WM I'm afraid there's no way
of handling all this in a generic way.

Aleks